The third library saw some of our personal records broken as we managed to:
- Get the largest number of volunteers to help on the loading day;
- Sent 30,000 books;
- Clear the container from customs in 11 working days;
- Offload the container from the lorry in less than an hour;
- Paint it inside and out in 1 day; and
- Complete the entire conversion in 16 days.
But we have also experienced some very tough times:
- The container delivery to the Kenyan docks was delayed by 2 weeks;
- The customs were reluctant to release our container for reasons unknown to us.
- It rained almost constantly; and
- Our UK volunteers mostly missed out on the library construction.
OK, so still working on editing the photos, but the video is now ready. Watch, enjoy, share and comment.